Saturday, December 27, 2008

5 Kinds of Runs

This was the topic of conversation last Sunday while running with Joey. I decided that there are 5 kinds...

1. Runs that are FANTASTIC!
2. Runs that are good.
3. Runs that are, meh, just ok.
4. Runs that are tough.
5. Runs that just suck.

Today's run was a 2! Sunday's run was a 3. I'm finally winning the mental battle of running hills. Damn they're hard! Today I ran 8 without a walk break in sight! Including one hell of a long hill. I finished with a very penguin like pace of 12:30. But hell, at least I finished! Next week is 9 miles. Hopefully I can get some quality short runs in this week. Maybe I'll try intervals again. That was a fun way to break up the run.

Well, I seriously need a shower. I know this b/c my daughter just told me so. :)

3 comments:

Modern Marvel said...

hahah TOO FUNNY! I hope you got a good shower in. I did 10 miles today and I am hurting over it. I swear with this warmer weather and the PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM :) I just feel like poop when I run!

I'm also glad that ice cream is only seasonal. There are a lot of things that I only eat during the holiday season that would get me in big trouble all year. LOL

Congrats on your hard work with the distances and the hill work. And your pace is VERY respectable, so great job!

Anonymous said...

LOL. My kids always tell me to shower after a run. How come it is like pulling teeth to get them in the shower though? Congrats on your run.

austie86 said...

Keep up the great work! I enjoy reading your blogs when you post. You are at about the same pace as I am. Hey, think of it this way, not everyone can run that many miles at all, so a 12 min. pace doesn't sound too bad after all! :)

plum

Followers

About Me

My photo
I LOVE running, I'm just really bad at it!