I can't wait until June 14th. The Charlottesville Women's 4 Miler training program starts up and I'm proud to say that I'm a pink lady this year. I've volunteered to train the younger girls and to train an intermediate group on Wednesdays. What a year it's been for me. It will also mark my 1st running anniversary. Who'da thunk that I'd still be running? Well my brother Joey for one. He's the sole inspiration to get moving. If he can run a marathon, I can run 4 miles. He always wants to know about my runs, no matter how long they take me. I know I've totally shocked Ed and the kiddos. Maddie is running some with me now. I've tapped into something soooo good!
One thing that I have not liked about running is being injured. I'm getting better. Most days I have no pain and some days I find myself limping still. ITBS is a pain in the tail.
Oh, I can't wait for this weekend. Memorial Day! We'll be camping "for real" this time. I guess the 2 times in the driveway don't count! Maddie and Gabe are already talking about how much fun we're going to have. Campfires, smore's, hot dogs.....they're ready! Hopefully we'll get some great pictures.
Here's what's on tap for the week:
Monday 4 or 5 miles
Tues, Pink Lady meeting
Wed, Physical Therapy, 4 miles
Thurs, Gettin my hair did
Friday, I might try to wake up extra early and run 3 or 4. After work, we're off!!!
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
plum
Followers
My Blog List
-
-
Back by popular demand...11 years ago
-
2013 Cherokee 5 Miler13 years ago
-
Failsauce16 years ago
-
-
-

No comments:
Post a Comment